Stained Glass stars
An adult’s help, plastic pocket, star-shaped cookie cutters, Elmer’s clear school glue, food colouring or coloured straws, fishing line
1. Place cookie cutters onto the plastic pocket. Cut coloured straws into small pieces.
2. Squeeze glue inside a cookie cutter, making sure it fills up every point.
3. Drop a few drops of food colouring on top of the glue or sprinkle in some coloured straws.
4. Place a heavy object such as a book on top of the cookie cutter to prevent the glue leaking out underneath.
5. Repeat with remaining stars (or other Christmassy cookie cutter shapes).
6. Leave in a dry place for 1-2 days.
7. Poke a hole through the top of the star with a pin, thread some fishing line through and hang stars together on a long stick or mobile in front of a window so that the sun can shine through.
Jesus promises to be the guiding light we all need in life. He said: “I am the world’s Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in” (John chapter 8, verse 12). Jesus doesn’t want you to struggle through the hard parts of life by yourself. He wants to be your friend and help you live a wonderful life. All you have to do is ask!