Pipe Cleaner Critter
Pipe cleaners are a crafters best friend and can easily be turned into so many different things.
This pencil chameleon is made just by twisting the pipe cleaners around the pencil. You can follow my instructions to make the chameleon or try to make up your own critter.
What you need:
five green pipe cleaners, one red pipe cleaner, pencil, two googly eyes, glue
1. Make a circle for the head with half of one pipe cleaner
2. Hold against the end of pencil and wrap the remainder of the pipe cleaner around the circle and pencil.
3. Join the next pipe cleaner to the end of the first and keep wrapping around the pencil to form the body.
4. Join the next pipe cleaner to the end of the other and finish with a curly tail.
5. Take your last two pipe cleaners; put one towards the back of the body, wrap it around the body once to create two legs dangling on each side, bend for knees and feet.
6. Repeat step 5 at the front of the body so that your chameleon has four legs.
7. Push the red pipe cleaner through the top and curl the end for its long tongue.
8. Glue a googly eye onto each side of the head.
Aren’t all the different animals God created so amazing? Some creatures can run and swim, others can fly, and some even burrow under the ground. There are creatures so small you can’t see them, and gigantic animals like the blue whale. You’re part of God’s awesome creation too. Psalm 104:24 marvels, ‘How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.’ This psalm talks about the many ways God cares for his creation: providing rain so animals can drink and plants can grow, and habitats, like forests and mountains, to protect them. God loves his creation so much, that when it went bad he even sent Jesus to fix it. Don’t you want to thank God for that? You can thank him by looking after his creation too: caring for animals, the environment, and your own body.